Sunday, 24 June 2018

music

I wanted to do a blog sincerely dedicated to Music, alternatively different types of bands that have music videos that are unorthodox, music videos with a striking yet different tone and appearance, I wanted the blog to be about disturbing intricate videos that people can't stomach because they're about internal suffering or problems, or metaphorical lyrics that have a much bigger meaning. The video's I will include on my blog are trigger warning, I love the aspect of unorthodox and how a music video can convey such feelings and meanings, how a music video can bleed the words I could never express.
I wanted arbitrary videos that are societies view on different.
My inspiration is from many bands, I like the aspect of being different and diverse. I'd rather be my own person than a copy of other people. My audience is obviously 16 and above because this topic isn't for sensitive immature people who still have trouble expressing their feelings.

transverance children of bodom
A powerful nordic metal song that highlights the beauty of internal conflict. The video offers a woman with her suffering so she releases it by harm, the type of metal that children of bodom produce is a nordic type of metal that is pretty heavy in comparison to 'generic' metal bands. Other types of nordic bands are amon amarth and ensiferum which are two popular nordic/viking type of metal. the video has a evil vibe to it, as the innocent 'sensitive' girl is face to face with death otherwise known as the grim reaper.
Their lyrics:
Looking at the blade
Aiming at my eyes
Staring to where the evil call my lies
Keep a promise
If you ever will…
Don't say a word just kill, kill, kill 

basically convey that the girls thoughts are taking over her as she harms herself, she becomes addicted to pain, and hurting herself eventually she follows deaths footsteps. I like these lyrics because they turn from light to dark, as if innocence is destroyed.
also the lyrics:
Dragged in the light
Like nothing was wrong
Pulled towards where I don't belong
I hear the fallen angles
Sing my requiem

The lyrics are basically telling the story of the girl in the video who is becoming enslaved by evil thoughts as she hurts herself she finds release, she is wearing all white in the music video to convey her innocence "dragged in the light" emphasis on the drag meaning she is pulled somewhere she doesn't want to go, against her will, this song is evil; like our thoughts can be to our self.
Related image

Related image



Cradle of filth - Nymphetamine Fix
Cradle of filth are an all Gothic metal band and they have orthodox videos generally based around sex and drugs.
Image result for cradle of filth




Image result for cradle of filth nymphétamine

The video for Cradle of filths Nymphetamine fix allude's Macbeth with a female playing the male part featuring lesbianism being the complete polar opposite of what Macbeth really was.
The title of the song Nymphetamine perpetuates a combination of 'nymphet' a nymph, Greek maiden, a young beautiful woman. Nymphetamine being the marriage between sex & drugs; an addiction, to the same woman and to a lot of drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment